Menu

Clos Saint Martin

Saint émilion grand cru

Renowned for the quality of its terroir, being located between 4 Premiers Grands Crus Classés and its small size (1.36 hectares/3.3 acres), Clos Saint Martin is well-known only to a small number of people.

B.P. 20017
+33 (0)5 57 24 71 09



eMail

Owner

SCEA LE CLOS SAINT MARTIN

History

12TH CENTURY

Clos Saint Martin was originally the vineyard belonging to Saint Martin’s Presbytery Church, a very attractive small 12th century church just next to the vineyard.

1850

In this year, the bishopric sold this tiny vineyard to the Malen family.

UNTIL 2013

Clos Saint Martin stayed in the same family until 2013.

2013

The estate was then taken over in this same year by Sophie Fourcade-Reiffers, a descendant of the Malen family.

There is thus great continuity in the history of this pretty little estate.

Key Figures

Grape COmposition

80% Merlot, 15% Cabernet Franc, 5% Cabernet Sauvignon

Soils

Clay-limestone over the limestone plateau.

Surface Area

1.36 hectares (3.3 acres)

Clos Saint Martin

Given the small size of the property, it isn’t possible for us to welcome large groups to the estate. However we are always pleased to receive wine enthusiasts searching for boutique wines.

Tours by appointment
✔️
Wine Tasting
✔️
Are you of legal age to access this website _