Saint Georges Côte Pavie
Saint émilion grand cru
The terroir and geographical situation of Saint-Georges Côte Pavie are outstanding. The estate is located at the southern exit of Saint-Emilion between Château Pavie, Château La Gaffelière and Château Ausone, all of them Premiers Grands Crus Classés.
SCEA CHÂTEAU SAINT GEORGES CÔTE PAVIE
BP66 33330 SAINT-EMILION
+33 (0)6 42 05 95 75
+33 (0)5 57 74 44 23
See the map
The Masson family
Jules Charoulet was born in 1838 at Argentat. His father was a forest wood merchant there supplying oak to cooperages. He moved to the Ardennes where he became a wine merchant in Charleville.
Jules settled in Saint Emilion at the tiny hamlet of La Madeleine, at the Bouqueyre gate. He continued his wine merchant business and acquired the Saint Georges Côte Pavie estate.
His son Adolphe, who had been a Libourne town councillor since 1900, was elected as a Gironde MP. He lived at Château Pindefleurs and won numerous awards for the wines of Saint Georges Côte Pavie.
René Masson, Adolphe’s son-in-law, then Jacques, his son, looked after the estate for almost 80 years. Saint Georges Côte Pavie has been a Grand Cru Classé ever since the first classification in 1955.
Now it was the turn of the 5th generation of the family to run the estate. Multiple refurbishments and renovation works were done to ensure that clients would continue to be delivered wines faithful to their outstanding terroir on the slope of Pavie.
80% Merlot and 20% Cabernet Franc
5 hectares (12.35 acres) in one single block on the Pavie slope.