Château La Marzelle
 

In the 18th century, the La Marzelle estate belonged to the Largeteau family. The family had acquired the domaine from the Religieux de Faises, lords of extensive fiefdoms including the old abbey in nearby Artigues de Lussac.
In 1821, the name La Marzelle appeared on the Belleyme map.
In 1925, the reference "premier cru classé" first appeared on the bottle. Although the official Saint-Emilion classification did not yet exist, this attests to the reputation of this wine and therefore of the château in this period.
1954 saw the first Saint-Emilion classification and La Marzelle was counted amongst the elite of Saint-Emilion.
In 1998, the Sioen family purchased the La Marzelle château and its 13 hectares of Grand Cru Classé vineyards.
In 2002, Château La Marzelle joined the Création du Cercle Rive Droite, an association aiming to promote the wines of the various right-bank appellations of Bordeaux.
In 2003, Château La Marzelle expanded with the purchase of 4 hectares of land from its immediate neighbour. These Saint-Emilion Grand Cru vines needed to be vinified in new cellars. 4 wooden vats were purchased for this purpose.
In 2012, Château La Marzelle and its 17 hectares were certified in the new Classification of Saint-Emilion Wines.

  HISTORY  
THE VINEYARD  
VINIFICATION  
CONTACT  
     

L’abus d’alcool est dangereux pour la santé, à consommer avec modération